Run over by a truck.

As promised I got back in to writing, and pumped out a few articles. You might have noticed a lull in my posting recently. Well, I got hit by a truck. Seriously, not joking. On the 13th I was visiting with friends and went to go get something from the nearby grocery. I crossed one half of the street, then waited on the median to see how the traffic was so I could cross the rest of the way. As typical I step out a bit to make sure drivers can see me, and the two approaching cars slow down. I proceed to cross, and suddenly notice the SUV hasn't stopped and it was too close and too fast to react. After tumbling through the air for some while I landed on my back, in the middle of the street. Assessing the damage I realize that I wasn't too badly hurt... except for the bones protruding from my right leg.

I spent a little over a week in the hospital. They implanted metal rods into the fibula and tibia as opposed to casting it. I prefer the rods since I think that'll make things more usable quicker. So now I have to be pushed around in a wheelchair, or hobble about with a walker. The latter I can't do very much of at this point. I imagine I'll be more mobile in about a week.

I've had some articles brewing. Among them you can anticipate the following:

How to make Gnome 3 act more like Gnome 2 simply using extensions.
Crossover for Linux vs. WINE, is it worth it?
Fluendo DVD player review.
Fluendo Codec Pack review.
Steam on Linux beta review.

Comments

  1. Get better soon, Roger - I did the IM rod thing in my right leg (just the larger bone) back in the 90's - getting around isn't bad, but stick with the PT, that will help /a lot/.

    I didn't do as much on my own as I should have, and I do still have occasional balance problems as a result. (I also still have the rod in my leg - and my recommendation is that when you have the chance to have it removed, do it.)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please share your insights, opinions, or questions. In that order preferably :p

Popular posts from this blog

Dual Boot configuration for Windows 10 and openSUSE with full UEFI and Secureboot support

From novice to Community Manager

Giving 12.1 and Gnome 3 a second chance.